Yes, this unit was given to me but these are my own words. I was not paid by anyone to say anything positive. I choose to say these positive things because I love this product THAT MUCH! So without further ado, I give you………..The BodyMedia Review.
Say hello to my friend!
Your BodyMedia Link will help you track:
- Total Calories Burned
- Total Steps Taken
- Total Physical Activity Time (Moderate and Vigorous)
- Sleep Duration and Efficiency
- When you first get your BodyMedia Link you’ll need to plug it into the computer for it’s first initial charging for about 3 hours.
- Next log into Bodymedia.com and click at the bottom of the page “Get Started”
- Next you’ll fill out some information about yourself…..
- Once you’ve given them a few key details about yourself you’ll set up your goals, the nice thing about this is this is adjustable if you decided later you want to change this.
- You’ll need to download to you computer the BodyMedia Activity Manager software so that your armband can communicate via USB with your computer.
- After the detailed stuff is done then you get to have fun!
- Calories In can be tracked by the activity manager but it was a little slow for me and personally I like the feel of MyFitnessPal.com.
- Activity can be manually logged for times when you can’t wear your BodyMedia. For example, when you’ve been swimming.
- Sleep activity can be tracked. I normally don’t wear mine when I’m sleeping but if a person wanted to see how efficiently they’re sleeping this is a good tool for it. Once again, you can click on the area to the right of sleep and you would see your sleeping activity like you would for calories burned. For data geeks this could be fun!
- A person can also look at weekly and monthly views. This can come in handy when a person is experiencing a plateau in their weight loss journey. Also its a great way to give your coaches a snapshot at what’s going on.
- A app for your Iphone or Android can be installed to sync your BodyMedia Link to your phone or tablet.
- Real time calorie output. This means no second guessing about how many calories your burning while working out or even not working out. I still say Sundays are a diet killer for most people. Between sleeping in, eating with family, laying around; we tend to not realize how much we’re taking in but very little expenditure.
- Easy to use. The hardest part is setting it up. Beyond that it’s pretty much pressing a button to sync with your phone or table OR plugging in a USB cord from your computer and logging in the activity manager online. Easy peasy!
- MOTIVATION!!! I love being able to physically see what I’m doing (or not doing). Seeing is believing!
- The cost of upkeep. Once a person gets past the three month free trial there is a $6.95 monthly fee. The cost of the technology alone can be a bit pricey ($149) BUT I personally feel like the $6.95 month is what one might spend on a meal at McDonalds and that’s not healthy or good for you. Also figure up how much you might be spending on take-out and fast-food and your Bodymedia might just pay for itself REAL fast.
- The comments about wearing it. I can’t count how many times someone has said, “So, trying to stop smoking huh?”
Update: If you’re interested in purchasing, you can find more information here.