It’s Friday ya’ll!! With that being said it’s also time for FIVE FRIDAY!!!
Thanks to DC Trifecta Bloggers (Courtney from Eat Pray Run DC, Mar from Mar on the Run, and Cynthia from You Signed Up For What?!) for hosting the weekly Friday Five Link Up and this week they’re asking for our favorite.
…….. and since it’s Christmas time let’s go there!
1. Christmas Movies
Our trip to the Christmas Story house this year 2014 (no eyes were shot out in the making of this picture)
Christmas Story House: THE LAMP!
2. Christmas Music!!
3. Hot chocolate!
Here’s the recipe I like to use……
This recipe is for one mugful of hot cocoa.
2 tsp. sugar
2 tsp. cocoa
Stir together sugar and cocoa. Add a splash of milk. Mix with cocoa mixture to form a paste (doesn’t seem important, I know, but it makes a BIG difference). Fill the rest of your mug up with milk and mix well. Microwave for 2-3 minutes
4. All things Christmas!
Pictures like this get me so excited!!! I’m such a visual person!!
5. It’s all about Him!
There you have it! My favorites for the season!!
Hello Friday! Oh how I love you! Not as much as Sunday,but I do love you!
Okay, so this week has been so hectic. This begins my busy season at work when people are trying to finish their houses before Christmas so between work and personal stuff I’m just running. Seriously, that THE only extra thing I’ve had time for. This, RIGHT HERE, I’m having to force early morning hours because I hate to miss the social interaction I get with other bloggers. It’s like skipping drinks with the girls and missing what’s going on in everyone’s life. Sometimes you just have to stop and carve out time.
So with that being said, Thanks to DC Trifecta Bloggers (Courtney from Eat Pray Run DC, Mar from Mar on the Run, and Cynthia from You Signed Up For What?!) for hosting the weekly Friday Five Link Up and this week they’re asking for favorite fall foods.
I like food!
I like fall!
So let’s talk turkey!! (all puns intended)
1. I love turkey!! I love turkey sandwiches on crescent rolls with cranberry sauce!
2.I love cranberry sauce! Seriously, I eat it year round! Yumzzzz!
3.I love pie! Apple pie, pumpkin pie, sweet potato pie, pecan pie, meringue pie, key lime pie (that’s more summer but it’s still pie!)
4. Hot cocoa! I love it! The first cool snap and I got a cup made and sitting by an outdoor fire.
5. Dumplings. I’m from the south and you don’t show up to a family function and there be no dumplings. It’s just not normal!!
It’s suppose to be warmer and a little dryer this weekend so I’m set to do 11 or 12 miles. Not sure, I really need to check that! So are you guys ready for Thanksgiving! I am!! One 5 mile Hobble and Gobble run and then off to the family I go to start the festivities. Can’t wait!!
Thanks to DC Trifecta Bloggers (Courtney from Eat Pray Run DC, Mar from Mar on the Run, and Cynthia from You Signed Up For What?!) for hosting the weekly Friday Five Link Up and this week they’re asking for cold weather running tips.
Now……………here’s the problem. I’m not a cold weather gal. I once had Christmas in Hawaii and I’m pretty sure that was my kind of weather! I was okay with swimsuits and Christmas music around the pool! Just sayin!
1. Anyways, so this week I came across this chart. I think it’s pretty appropriate….
2.Cover your head and hands. It sounds logical but sometimes people just want warm ears and they forgo covering the good ole’ noggin. Heat is released here so hold in the heat and your chances of staying warm are much greater
3. Start your run with the wind at your back. That way when you’re heading back in and tired the wind won’t cause you to work as hard.
4. Change clothes quickly as possible after a cold run. You’re sweaty and your just holding that coldness close to those worn out muscles. Get some comfy warms clothes on. You’ve worked hard enough you deserve it at this point!
5. You still have to hydrate. It make be cold out but your still sweating just probably not at the rate of summer time runs. Don’t think you can go without still hydrate.
So there you have it. Bundle up and keep moving.
And once again….Thank you to the DC Trifecta Bloggers (Courtney from Eat Pray Run DC, Mar from Mar on the Run, and Cynthia from You Signed Up For What?!) for hosting the weekly Friday Five Link Up. Be sure to check out their posts as well.
Till next time……Cheers!
Hello Friday! I didn’t think it could get here fast enough and at the same time I’m like, “What the heck happen to February!?!” I had set big goals for myself this month: weight loss, running, motivation. I didn’t even have time to get started before I’m looking at a whole new month! I guess time flies when I’m having fun!
So I’ve joined in on a new link up party (well new to me) called Five Friday.
(Cynthia @ You Signed Up for What and Courtney @ Eat Pray Run, DC) decided on a theme this week. All About me! Apparently there’s a number of us joining in their fun wagon so this is a great way for us all to get to know each other.
1. I’m a BMW. Well, those are my initials. I used to be BSM but when I got married I figured out if I dropped my awful middle name (in the south we love to double name our children, not me! Not having it) I could become a BMW! So on race forms, when I sign them electronically, I LOVE signing them BMW!
2. When I’m running and if I need to be to certain spot by a certain distance (ie. at the car by 1 mile) and I’m going to be short (ie. at the car by .90 miles) I start slowing down. As if slowing down will somehow add distance. I do it every time!
3. I sell appliances and flooring for my big girl job. You know the bread butter job to keep the lights on and pay the mortgage. I prefer to think of it the thing I do Monday through Friday to pay for the races and running stuff on the weekends!
4. My first true love is fitness/health/running. I started off getting a degree in Exercise physiology, moved to physical therapy but life handed me a completely different path and here I am!
5. I’ve won first place in several fitness competitions in the late 90’s. Fun times!!
Alright, I’m outta here! I’m going to be traveling this weekend to far and wide places to run a 15k! It was a spur of the moment decision along with some other special side trips as well. ROAD TRIP!!!
Have a great weekend! Cheers!